Nothing beats some freshly baked goodies! Here is our recipe for some simple homemade bread rolls with no fancy equipments needed!
homemade bread rolls / pain maison
- 500 g bread flour or all purpose flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 375 ml warm water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry yeast and warm water and let rest for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, salt and sugar, then mix well to combine. Make a little well in the center and add the yeast water mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix everything until a dough starts to form.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured flat surface and start to knead the dough. You should knead the dough for at least 10–15mins or until it becomes smooth and fairly elastic.
- Lightly flour a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and cover with a tea towel or cling wrap. Let the dough rest for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, gently knead the dough for another 5 minutes and portion into 6 equal balls.
- Transfer on a oven tray covered with baking/grease paper and use a knife to score a line in the middle of the roll.
- Dust some flour over the bread rolls, cover with a tea towel and let rest again for 15–30mins.
- In the meantime, pre-heat your oven to 230°C/450°F.
- Bake the bread rolls in the oven for 12–15 mins.