These crispy chicken bites also known as ‘poulet croustillant’ are so easy to make and are the perfect appetisers for your dinner parties!
Homemade crispy chicken bites / poulet croustillant
- 200 g chicken breast or thigh
- 1 egg beaten
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- tapioca starch or corn starch for coating
- Slice the chicken breast as per desired size (check video below for illustration)
- In a large mixing bowl, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Then add 1 beaten egg and mix well to coat properly
- Coat the chicken slices with tapioca or corn starch, while gently shaking any excess
- Preheat some vegetable cooking oil at 190C / 360F (on medium high heat), then gently deep fry the chicken slices. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy!