This is a super easy butter cookie (biscuits champagne) recipe made with only 4 ingredients and in less than 30mins! These little goodies are super buttery, crumbly and will melt in your mouth! They’re the perfect afternoon tea snacks and they remind us of our childhood in Mauritius!
butter cookies / biscuits champagne
- 325 g plain flour
- 250 g unsalted butter at room temp.
- 100 g pure icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Check out video below and our tips for a better result!
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C fan forced.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter with a hand mixer until it turns to pale yellow and the texture becomes lighter (about 3-5mins).
- In the same bowl, add the Icing suger to the butter and whisk for 2mins.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and whisk for another 2mins.
- Then gradually add the plain flour to the mixture and stir with a spatula for a few seconds until everything is well combined
- Transfer the mix into a pipping bag and pipe the desired shape on a baking paper.
- Bake in the oven on 170°C (fan forced) for 10–12mins or until golden.
If the cookie mix gets too dry to pipe, add a Tbsp of milk or water to make it softer.
The butter cookies can be stored in an airtight container or a jar at room temperature for up to 1 month.