This Mauritian style pickled fruits known as ‘fruits confit’ or ‘salad fruits’ is a summertime favourite. Green mangoes, pineapple, cucumber and green olives are among the favourites around the island. They are best served with a side of fresh chilli salt and tamarind jam!
mauritian pickled fruits / fruits confit
Fruits of choice
- pineapple, cucumber, green mango cut in pieces
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 250 ml brown vinegar
- 500 ml warm water
- 5–8 bird's eye chillies optional
- Cut up your fruits and place them in a large airtight container.
- Mix all the ingredients for the pickle liquid until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour the pickle liquid onto the fruits. It is best to cover all fruits with the liquid, therefore make additional pickle liquid if required.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!
- Goes perfectly with some chilli salt (sel piment) — see our video at 4:17.
Refrigerate for at least 24hrs before serving for more flavour!