This Mauritian style green chilli paste or piment crazé is so creamy, garlicky and citrusy. It is hot but not overpowering and can be paired with most dishes. If you are a chilli lover, this recipe is perfect for you!
mauritian green chilli paste / piment crazé
- 150 g long green chilli
- 20 g green indian chilli
- 25 g garlic peeled
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- ½ green apple
- ¼ lime or lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- Cut off the chillies' head and roughly chop the chillies.
- Diced the green apple and lime/lemon.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth and velvety paste is obtained.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Store the chilli paste in a clean jar or airtight container.