A super quick and really tasty recipe. It’s creamy, spicy, tangy with a bit of sweetness! This chilli coconut prawn is super easy to make and is best served with a nice bowl of steamed rice!
chilli coconut prawns
- 300 g prawns deveined
- 2 tsp tom yum paste
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 birds eye chilli chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 1 lemon/lime wedge
- In a pot, heat up your oil on high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, toss the prawns into the pot for about 30 seconds on high heat.
- Lower to medium-high heat, add in your minced garlic and toss for a few seconds.
- Then add in the tom yum paste, sugar, salt, pepper and chilli. Combine well for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the coconut cream and let simmer for about 1 minute.
- Take the prawns out, garnish with some basil leaves and lemon/lime wedge and enjoy!