Pad prik king is a Thai stir-fried dish featuring meat, such as pork or chicken, stir-fried with red curry paste, long beans, and sometimes kaffir lime leaves. The prik king curry gives the dish its distinctive flavour, which is both spicy and savoury. In this recipe, we showcast this exotic curry paste with clams, which goes very well together and makes the dish a little playful as you use your hands to eat.
Clam pad prik king
- 600 g clams frozen
- 100 g green beans / long beans cut in 3cm length
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 20 g palm sugar chopped
- 5 leaves kaffir lime
- 1 long red chilli sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- In a large wok or cooking pan, on low heat, add 2 tbsp of oil and let it heat up slightly.
- Then gently add the red curry paste to the wok. Stir well for about 30 seconds. Increase the heat to medium and stir fry for another 30 seconds until the curry paste becomes fragrant. Make sure not to overcook and burn the curry paste
- Bring to high heat and add in the clams. Stir well and let cook for 2 minutes
- Finally add in the green beans, kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, chopped chilli and 2 tbsp of water. Stir well to incorporate everything and let cook for 3 – 2 minutes or until the clams have opened.
- Take out and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!