This exciting fusion dish combines the succulence of perfectly cooked crispy skin salmon with the aromatic and spicy flavours of traditional Thai Tom yum soup. The recipe is very simple to recreate and takes only 20 minutes.
Crispy skin salmon with Tom yum coconut sauce
- 2 salmon fillet skin-on
- 2 tsp Tom Yum paste brand of your choice
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- white ground pepper
- spring onion for garnish chopped
- coriander for garnish
Crispy skin salmon
- Pat dry the salmon well, then slightly brush the skin with some oil and season with salt
- Line the air fryer basket with a piece of baking paper then gently place the salmons skin-side up. Air fry on 200℃ for 10 to 12 minutes until the skin gets crispy. Make the Tom yum coconut sauce while the salmon is cooking to save time!
- * You can also choose to pan fry the salmon instead of using the Air-fryer
Tom yum coconut sauce
- To make the sauce, heat up a small cooking pot on low then add the garlic mince and cook for about 10 seconds until slightly coloured
- Add the Tom yum paste and sugar, then keep stirring and cook for 1 minute on low heat. Pour the coconut cream, stir well to combine and let the sauce simmer for 3 – 5 minutes until it gets to a nice thick consistency
- Finally, season with salt and white pepper to taste. Turn off heat
- To plate, pour the Tom yum coconut sauce into your plates or bowls, then gently transfer the cooked salmon into the middle. Garnish with some chopped spring onions and coriander, then serve with a side of steamed rice. Enjoy!