If you’re looking for a good, quick and easy chocolate cake recipe then this is the one for you! This eggless chocolate cake is perfect for an afternoon snack or top it off with some cream/ganache for a quick birthday cake! Plus, feel free to substitute the milk to make it a vegan chocolate cake!
eggless chocolate cake
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 200 g caster sugar
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 240 ml milk of choice
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a big bowl, add in all the dry ingredients and give it a quick mix. (flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda)
- Next, add the wet ingredients in the same bowl and whisk everything together until a smooth batter is obtained.
- Grease a cake mould and place a piece of baking paper at the bottom. (We're using 20cm diameter mould)
- Pour the cake batter in the mould and bake in the oven for around 25–30mins.
- Poke the cake with a toothpick or knife to check if the cake is cook throughout. If the toothpick/knife comes out wet, let the cake bake for a few minutes more.
- Once ready, take the cake out and let it cool down before serving!