Too much leftover bread? Try our very simple and easy Bread Pudding recipe. This is a basic recipe to which you can add all your favourite toppings 🙂
mauritian bread pudding / poudine du pain
- 1 L full cream milk
- 500 g bread any kind
- 200 g caster sugar
- 50 g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- sultanas, chocolate chips, nuts, berries, etc.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C or 360F.
- In a large bowl, break the bread into pieces and pour in the milk. Let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- With a fork, mash the bread.
- In the same bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Grease an oven proof tray with butter and pour in the mixture. Gently press with a spatula or spoon to flatten the top.
- Cook in the over for about 40–50 minutes.
- Take the pudding out of the oven, let it rest before serving.