These prawn fritters are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are best served with our homemade chilli garlic dipping sauce and are the perfect starter or finger food during parties!
prawn fritters / croquette de crevette
- 250 g prawns clean and devein
- 50 g plain flour for coating
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- oil for frying
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 65 ml soda water or water
- In a large mixing bowl, add the plain flour, corn starch, salt and pepper then mix well to combine.
- Pour the soda water to the dry mix then whisk until a smooth batter is obtained, and set aside for later.
- Clean and devein the prawns while leaving the tails on.
- Season the prawns with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Gently coat the seasoned prawns in plain flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Heat up some cooking oil to 190°C / 380°F then gently dip the floured prawns into the croquette batter and carefully drop in the hot oil.
- Deep fry for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the prawn fritters from the oil and let them cool down before serving.