These homemade cheese sticks or baguette fromage are so crunchy and delicious. Also personalise the recipe with your favourite cheeses and spices to impress your friends. This recipe is so easy to make and you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry!
homemade crunchy cheese sticks / baguette fromage
- 250 g plain flour
- 100 g cheddar cheese or your favourite cheese
- 75 g melted butter regular
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 – 4 tbsp water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine plain flour, salt and sugar then mix well. Add the melted butter and cheese then mix with a fork or spoon until well combined.
- Add 1tbsp of water at a time (about 3 to 4tbsp in total) until a dough is formed.
- Use your hands to work the mixture until a the dough is formed. Knead the dough for 1 – 2 minutes. The dough should not be sticky or too dry. (Add extra flour if required)
- Divide the dough into 2 equal part to make it easier to roll. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to a ½cm thickness while also trying to keep a square shape.
- When the dough has reached the required thickness, cut and divide into equal rectangular shapes, then finally cut individual sticks out of them. Sprinkle some flour so the they don't stick together!
- Deep fry on 'medium high heat' (180C | 360F) for about 4 – 6 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool down then enjoy!